Company: APCO Online
Posted: 30th Jul 2007
Location: London - Covent Garden
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Ref: LON - Dev - 0707
The Web Developer works with project teams, online media strategists, and other developers to create interactive solutions. The position will build, test, debug and troubleshoot interactive deliverables for a wide range of project types.
APCO Worldwide, a global communication consulting firm, is seeking a talented Interactive Developer with 2 years of experience to lead and assist in interactive development within a fast-paced agency environment. This position is based in our London office as part of our cutting edge European online team.
The applicant must be able to work as part of a close-knit, cross-functional project team with both technical and non-technical team members, while also being able to be proactive and function independently. Excellent communication, creativity and problem-solving skills are necessary. S/he must possess extreme attention to detail and a high level of accountability and responsibility.
• Relevant work experience and strong knowledge of Macromedia Dreamweaver and ColdFusion a must.
• Knowledge of Server-Side scripting, including Cold Fusion and database connectivity is required.
• Experience with ASP, ASP.NET (VB.Net or C#) or PHP is a plus.
• Experience building interactive online advertisements and Web sites.
• Experience in building relational databases required (preferably using SQL Server).
Consulting and/or Agency Experience:
• Client services or agency experience a plus but not required.
• Experience working with Marketing and Project teams
• Cold Fusion MX (6+)
• Macromedia Dreamweaver (hand-coding experience required)
• Adobe Photoshop and/or Macromedia Fireworks experience required
• Adobe Illustrator a plus
• Macromedia Studio 7 (MX) or later
• Knowledge of Macromedia Flash (7,8, and 9) a plus
APCO, recently named "2007 Public Affairs News Agency of the Year", “2006 PR Agency of the Year” by PR Week and a “Great Place to Work” by Washingtonian Magazine, offers a collegial work environment.